Join us and show you CARE about child sex trafficking in Georgia!
Georgia Cares' Goal for Georgia Gives Day
Georgia Cares was created as an initiative of the Governor’s Office for Children and Families in 2009 and has since become an independent 501 (c)(3) organization. We are the single, victim service agency serving child sex trafficking and exploitation victims in the state of Georgia. Georgia Cares works to identify and reach victims of child sex trafficking, helping to restore their safety, health, and well-being. Our nonprofit also operates a 24-hour, 7-day Hotline to handle emergency calls and provide critical assistance. We train professionals, communities, and child serving organizations on the dangers, signs, and victimization of child sex trafficking.
Since January 1 of this year, Georgia Cares' 24-hour emergency hotline has received over 2,080 calls for help! Since inception in 2009, Georgia Cares has received over 2,100 referrals for trafficked and exploited youth from 114 Georgia counties. As of today, there are only 31 emergency bed placements available for this victim population in the whole state of Georgia. For this reason, we are planning to open the state’s very first receiving center in 2019 to provide immediate, emergency housing for youth who have been rescued from trafficking. The goal with this center is to provide a safe environment that would help provide emergency housing, crisis stabilization, services, and support for 30 days.
This Georgia Gives Day on Giving Tuesday, Georgia Cares has a goal of raising $15,000 dollars to fund the programs and services that support the children we work with!
How You Can Get Involved on Georgia Gives Day
1. Donate on November 28th by Clicking HERE. Any amount is welcome! Help us reach our goal of $15,000 on November 28th!
2. Download and use our Social Media Templates and let people know why YOU are supporting Georgia Cares on November 28th! Post them on social media and be sure to tag us! You can find the templates and our social media information HERE
3. Host a Fundraiser for Georgia Cares!
4. Are you part of a company? Consider getting your company involved! Click HERE for ideas!
5. Download our 2017 Press Kit HERE!